Our producer Adam arrived about an hour ago from The Catholic Channel in New York. We’re working on getting everything ready for tomorrow’s launch of the new show.
This is Adam, on the phone, looking busy.
Those are our show notes on my computer. I should be working on those.
We were supposed to connect via the ISDN studio hook-up, but we have a couple of ISDN issues we apparently need to work through today (prayers would be appreciated).
Whenever Jennifer and I do a phone interview, we can’t be in the same room or else you’ll hear the echo of us both talking on separate phones. So instead, we go to different rooms and use iChat to see each other during the interview so we don’t talk over each other (too much).
Here was my view during this morning’s interview.
We’ll be on Gus Lloyd’s Seize the Day program on the Catholic Channel in just over an hour. Then on Bob Dunning’s Across the Nation at 3:30 this afternoon.
I’m up in the studio to make sure our gear is ready.
Producer Adam arrives this afternoon and will be in the studio with us until Friday.
Should be a fun, exciting, and BUSY week. Can’t believe the show launches tomorrow!
We’re live and having tons of fun with our brand new daily talk show, The Catholics Next Door with Greg and Jennifer Willits exclusively on The Catholic Channel – Sirius 159.
The show has been a long time in the works, and we couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity. Read More
Well, check out episode #240 of the Rosary Army Catholic Podcast as we solve the mystery! All is revealed as you join us for an actual trip to the doctor for the official ultrasound.
RA #240 – Boy or Girl?
Haven’t made this desert in years. Between this and carrot cake, these have been my two birthday choices my entire life. Made it for Labor Day tomorrow, but me thinks I’m going to test it right now. It may look ugly, but it is frozen perfection.
By popular demand, here’s the recipe:
1/2 Gallon Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
1 can (14 oz) evaporated milk
1 package miniture marshmellows
1 pkg (6 oz) chocolate chips (we used dark chocolate chips)
1/2 cup butter
1 can (3 oz) shredded coconut
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
To make the crust:
- Melt butter in heavy pan, add coconut and saute until coconut is brown
- Remove from heat, add crumbs
- Mix thoroughly, put 3/4 of mix on bottom of a 13x9x2 inch pan. Pat it down lightly for the crust.
- Save the other 1/4 of mix for later in recipe.
To make the chocolate sauce:
- Heat marshmellows, evaporated milk, and chocolate chips in top of a double boiler until everything is melted together.
- Remove from stove and cool.
Bringing it all together:
- Cut 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream into slices. Use half for bottom layer, the other half for top.
- Lay down half of the vanilla ice cream slices to cover the crust at the bottom.
- Add half of the sauce over the ice cream.
- Repeat ice cream and chocolate layers.
- Top with remaining crumbs, mixed with nuts (if desired – we leave out the nuts because of the kids)
- Cover with foil and freeze.
- Makes about 16 large servings.
Greetings, folks. Welcome to GregandJennifer.com. A wee bit pretentious name for a website, eh? Well, the alternative was BrunetteandBaldGuy.com and that just didn’t sound right.
You may be here because of our daily talk show, The Catholics Next Door with Greg and Jennifer Willits (thus, the address of this website) or perhaps from our non-profit apostolate, Rosary Army.
In case you didn’t know, you can listen to us live Monday through Friday from 10AM to 1PM EST on Sirius Channel 159 – The Catholic Channel!
We also produce and host the weekly Rosary Army Catholic Podcast and are the creators of the popular That Catholic Show video series. We’re willing to bet you might enjoy those, as well.
Either way, we’re glad you’re here!